Obsession


Obsession: –noun the domination of one's thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea, image, desire, etc.

Guess which band I'm currently obsessed over? *jeopardy theme song plays* ...What is Florence and the Machine? Yup that's right, wanna know how i became so obsessed with this band? Of course you do..lol.. It all started while I was shopping in London ( did i fail to mention I took a trip there more to follow in a later post) walking into a store called "Brand Store" yup you guessed it everything in there was some sort of brand, walking up to the coats i was engulfed in a voice and beat that i had never heard before but instantly fell in love with it, i lingered around the store hoping that it was the radio and i would be fortunate enough to get wind of the singer, but unfortunately the store seemed to be playing a CD, i made a decision that i would be bold and ask the cashier who it was, but another roadblock, the cashier hardly spoke English ( in fact most of the ppl in England hardly speak English)

I left the store disappointed, hand full of shopping bags but disappointed .....I tried to memorize some of the lyrics to Google it but in typical Duran fashion i couldn't for the love of hades remember anything, just the haunting melody. My trip to London ended and i boarded my BA flight, it was a day flight and i was tired, i plugged in my head phones and guess what was the first song i heard when i clicked play ....yup BOOM...what are the chances of that happening? I listen to their album over and over again and by the end of the flight had memorized most of their lyrics. I Dl-ed it as soon as i got home and now everyday its what i play and i am not anywhere close to getting fed up. Every time i hear them i am taken straight back to London, its my personal getaway. In fact the songs give me so much confidence i listen to it while I'm driving to clam my nerves. Hooray for Florence and The Machine...me loves them.

0 comments:

Christmas Countdown

Followers