Some like it hot, some like it cold


My cousins from Miami is currently visiting us, so the events are hectic, to say the least. Unfortunately it isn't as fun packed as previous visits when we would move from the beach to the river to the movies to playing pool all in one day cause they aren't staying by us, my uncle's health is still if-y so the additional noise would be a no no...they are housed in Arima by family and i feel as if I'm missing all the fun. I did go Valencia river on Saturday, it was awesome. Clean, crystal clear, cold water...ahhhh, the water was freezing. I did something i promised myself i would never do, jump off the high ledge last time i did my leg cramped and i almost drowned, was the most horrific experience ever, i honestly thought that was it...my watery death, but luckily for me my cousin's came and pulled me up. There i was on the ledge, standing there, the rain sweeping across my face looking down at the pool of water below rippling with raindrops as if dancing to some unknown music, dancing for me, inviting me in...i shivered, the wind blowing , wet with determination i stepped forward inch by inch to the edge, it was higher than expected suddenly i was over taken with fear short breaths and a pounding heart...zipping me back to my near death experience. I was there courage lost, blanketed by fear, unsure of my reason at standing at the edge looking down and not moving, slowly i realized that an audience had gathered , looking up at me...mostly family...my head tiling down water streaming across my face, the chants greeted my ears "jump! jump! Jump!" my gf's voice filling my mind " please be careful i don't want anything happen to you" a decision had to be made, walk away safe and branded a chicken, a KFC leg and thigh bucket or jump and risk death. Closing my eyes, saying i'm not chicken, i was shouting it... before i knew what was happening there was no ledge below me... freefalling feet first into the water below...the deafening sound of water rushing across my ears , my eyes open , swimming up, up to the surface..i made it....conquered my fear. In no less than 5 mins i was up there once again screaming at the top of my lungs i rock!!!!....jumping in all smiles. I'm proud. The day was a cold but energizing one. Today was so hott, the lime was Maracas beach, but i skipped, need some time to just relax home and plus it had a small chance i was going to the movies with my gf so i took that, we didn't but i did get to see her which made it all worthwhile. I heard the beach was awesome, the bake and shark was even more so, didn't do much today the weather being so hott and all, really made me lazy...lol.. another weekend has come and gone, at least i know i did something wonderful like conquering my fear o yea, Friday my gf and i went pizza hut to dine in, ate my pizza with a knife and fork, for the very first time...woohooo... so thats 2 awesome things, the pizza was great sooo delicious .

0 comments:

Christmas Countdown

Followers