My Birthday weekend...


Twas my birthday on Saturday and unlike many birthdays before this, i spent it in a happy mood. Took a trip down Mayaro with my GF to spend the weekend. At first i was a bit worried that my mood would fluctuate and i would be plunged into a dark abyss remembering the birthdays gone by where not even my mom would tell me happy bday, but i have to honestly say i made a genuine, conscious effort to be positive. And when the morning of Saturday came , i was in a good mood. My GF however was sick, was fate i say, that on my birthday when i thought i would be the one being taken care of, i was taking care of her, didn't mind at all actually. I spent some time alone on the beach quietly reflecting on my life gone by and my life to come, was very relaxing to just sit in the shade of a coconut tree look out at the ocean and thank god for life. I played a bit in the sand, threw some rocks in the water and almost hit the lifeguard that was walking by...lol.. when that happened i decided to go back to the resort. Later in the evening 2 Friends stopped by and surprised me with a cake, i was taken aback with this kind gesture. I cooked dinner,yup i made burgers and fires :), spent the rest of the night cuddled up next to my sick hunny. All in all it was a quiet, well spent birthday. O yea while on the beach i decided that i wanted to be alive and I'm glad i am.

3 comments:

GirlBlue November 25, 2008 at 4:33 AM  

Happy belated birthday Ice boy. Glad it was a great one and I hope you have many more like that to come.

:)

Roving November 25, 2008 at 7:11 PM  

Sounds like a great weekend, although my sis-in-law was sick :( lolz

IcEwOLf November 27, 2008 at 2:49 AM  

Girl Blue thnks for the bday wishes.

Roving just to let you know thats she's better now

Christmas Countdown

Followers