High-att


Last week i was absent from the office.....it was the best week ever, apparently I was chosen to represent my company at an Elearn conference that was held at the Hyatt in Port of Spain. This wasn't my first time there, maybe you remember my friend Kisha's office party, it was held there...i was dumbfounded, for lack of a better word, of how high class the place is, and especially how well trained the staff is....this time wasn't any different, i was still taken aback. I am a very anti social person by nature, quiet, introverted....i don't know why every time i'm chosen for this sort of direct interaction with customers thing....but i pulled it off, with a fake smile and a pretend sense of confidence , I stepped into that display booth and ruled it. I actually had lots of fun.....meeting all sorts of educational people.....teachers, principals, deans, etc....I spoke with such an ease-- in my mind it was like someone else had taken over my body, I did my demonstrations, laughed at jokes made, gave away stuff....I grew....now i am really feeling more confident.....I guess it pays to pretend.I got free tea and lunch....it was impressive the first day, but the second day the food was very disappointing....i can't get over the fruit juice though, it was fresh and so yummy.....i swear i drank like 48 glasses in my 3 day stay there......now i'm feeling for some . I have some pics to post of it and the view of the POS harbour i had from my booth. It was very very beautiful, i would have never guessed that dirty POS could have this view tucked away within it.All in all i had a great time there, and my superiors are very impressed with my report...so a big pat on the back for me....AWESOME!!

0 comments:

Christmas Countdown

Followers