My weekend and a bright red shirt


This weekend was a whirlwind one, Saturday we marked 11 months since my dear uncle left us. We had a huge Hindu prayers,of which i was the star...i had to sit for 4 hours str8 doing pooja. I enjoyed every minute of it although my legs cramped up. I tried my best to offer my prayers as sincere as possible for myself, my family and my departed uncle. After the ritual part of it, it was eating time. The food was plentiful. --After eating, i just couldn't move, the weird thing is, I ate like 4 times for the day. Alot of visitors came, all in all it was a good Saturday.

Sunday however, the clean up occurred let me just say that washing 4 huge, oversize steel pots isn't easy. When i was finished my body was covered in sweat. The good thing though the sun wasn't out, it could have been much worse.I cleaned, swept and scrubbed most of the day.At the end of it i was exhausted,In addition to that, I made a huge pot of Pasta as lunch for the whole week with pan fired chicken breast, it looks yummy, but lunch time i will know how well it tastes.Then I realized that i had forgotten to wash my clothes , there fore i had none to wear to work. I went into the abyss that is my wardrobe, and found a red shirt, a really bright one. Now i look like a walking M&M.

This morning I woke up extra early, washed and made pancakes for breakfast, before getting ready for work. I can hardly believe that i did that...i feel accomplished.Don't think i would be able to do that on a daily basis though, makes me think that my mother is really strong- she does this and so much more before the sun rises everyday, how she does it? I have no idea. I need a weekend to recover from this one.Cant wait till Saturday, when i would be able to sleep a little late.O well here is to a good week ahead.

2 comments:

Angie July 6, 2009 at 7:44 PM  

u eating chicken already? -lolz
i knw hw u feel about ur moms; everyday i wonder how my mum does it on a daily 2

IcEwOLf July 8, 2009 at 6:16 AM  

I missed it so much...a whole month without it...i know i'm weak. Mom's are awesome.

Christmas Countdown

Followers