UP


The cinema was really dark, i bumped into the wall upon entry- the long assortment of commercials were already playing, surprisingly most of the seats were filled....men, women, boys, girls, children...I guess most of us fell into the "Transformers sold out category" ...I didn't expect much from this movie, after all there were no monsters, talking fish, toys that came to life, dancing bugs...nothing of interest to me...I saw one preview before- I didn't like the fact that a grumpy old man was the star...It was going to bomb i thought. Like all Pixar movies there was a short before the actual film..it was called partly cloudy...funny as hell, i was laughing from the get go...no talking as usual, just some sound effects and facials expressions but it was funny, and contain emotion..little did i know it was setting the mood for UP. Up began right after, I sat back into my chair trying to get as comfortable as possible getting ready for the long haul, I didn't have any snacks to distract me so it was going to be one on one . At the end of it, i almost cried , it was such a feel good movie...it touched me in places only the lion king ever went , tugged at my heart strings- that's where it went, i caught myself hoping for the old man , no not hoping but wishing for him to succeed...I felt his pain and understood why he was so grumpy, each character brought something new, something to make the movie deeper than just a laugh fest. It was an incredible experience, I am sure everyone who was there was deeply moved ..I don't think transformers would have this kind of effect on me . I recommend Up to the highest degree, its a great family movie that puts life into perspective , and makes u thankful. As you can see i didn't go into the plot , don't want to give it away, but go see it before they replace it .

1 comments:

Angie July 1, 2009 at 8:49 PM  

i've always been a fan of these movies...havent seen it as yet, but soon will
n it jus goes to show u, give things a chance, u never knw wat can tickle ur fancy -lolz

Christmas Countdown

Followers