Realize


Last night it took sometime before i fell asleep, tossing and turning was never my forte..i usually go off to dream land as soon as my head lands on the pillow, after an hour or so of just staring at the ceiling, listening to the soft music of Duffy playing in the background...i was taken to a room where i sat in front my P.C, going thru Facebook, then hi5...i was surfing the net in my dream state...i did it for most of the night, yea i had the occasional distraction of a huge canary flying over head trying to get out of the room, but i didn't pay it much attention, i woke up this morning and realized that i may be addicted to the internet...I'm like the canary trapped in cyberspace.... i spend way too much time online...chatting, on FB, on HI5 all over the place so what did i do in my panic of realization? I deleted my Fb and Hi5 accounts.....so now i have less reason to be online and i can finally concentrate on whats important in my life..my real life...i think thats what i have been missing, the realness of life, the interaction with actual human beings...so until i get a grip on reality...lol..I'll be less online..but I'll update my blog as much as i can.

3 comments:

GirlBlue June 4, 2008 at 4:23 AM  

Oh dude you can never attain my level of complete immersion in the interzwebz.

I deleted my MySpace 3 times, I'm on the forth profile now. Facebook is crack, they block us at work, I use a proxy site to gain access. Between reading blogs, participating in forums and being on social networking sites, the man in the picture is me. You can delete as much as you like it always sucks you back in. Once you have web access you will return

Okay so I did delete my Hi5 account and won't be going back there as it was pretty much crap but I am slowly rediscovering the joys of the other places.

Oh did you know that Ebay has blogs. They are enablers, they want people to stay on their site so bad they would stoop so low.

Roving June 4, 2008 at 1:02 PM  

I agree with girlblue, you could really delete all you want, it just sucks you back in..lol, If it does happen to suck you back in try givin urself limits... I deleted my hi5 last year, and like the next week i reactivated it, lol...and when I had to add more RAM to my Cpu, I felt so weird, i was longing to use my P.C. but the internet does have a possessive power, sumtimes i look at the clock, and i see 2:00 am, it just sucks u in....THERE'S NO ESCAPE!!!lol

Anonymous June 4, 2008 at 5:15 PM  

Yea, the internet can be very addictive, and even though you delete your online profiles, you still find yourself spending most of the time online...doing something. I deleted my hi5 sometime ago too....as girlblue said....once you have net access you will return....sad but true :)

Christmas Countdown

Followers