O wat a day...bleh

I didn't want to write about my business trip to St. Lucia cause i thought i would have jinxed it, but i think its already jinxed...first the background story----My company has been invited to attend an all expenses paid Caribbean Sales Conference by our parent company... i was chosen as part of the team to go, because of my inept ability to function under pressure...or the fact that I'm in sales dept...lol.. but anyways i was chosen, so i had to get the new machine readable passport, i applied..did the whole waiting for hours thing, paid a guy 300.00 to get a number for me ...yea i bribed someone to take a number for me, i still had to wait but not the whole day...was interviewed....everything went smoothly...i was scheduled to get my passport a week b4 the trip..i was happy and excited, but didn't think about it for fear and the jinx----the saga continues--- yesterday i went all happy face to the Immigration office, thinking my passport is ready and waiting, got to the front of the line "i'm sorry this passport isn't ready yet, come back in 4wks" *eyes opened big* i was expecting that answer its the same thing the officer told all the people in front me, people who applied like a month before me...my mind was racing, i explained to the lady that i NEED this passport for a business trip, she told me to get a letter stating that and bring it back, so i was off, walking up back to San Juan taxi stand from there ain't easy, got back to work , had a letter drawn up and then it was back to P.O.S...i ran around so much yesterday it was horrible, sat next to a guy that was smelling, got into a car that almost shut down, was walking like a crazy person through P.O.S, which btw i have never been by myself...yup u heard right me and town don't mix , i avoid it like a plague and enjoy it when I'm there the way you would enjoy a toothache. So it was like i was in a foreign country....it was hell, ran into ppl, almost tripped in front Francis fashion on their stupid sidewalk...but i got there only to be told i have to make a copy of the receipt, so i run across the road, 50 cents for a copy ...wat happened to 25cents , i remember when it was 10 cents...any ways i go back to the lady in the booth..i don't want to call her officer cause she was a bitch, she told me to come on Friday to collect my passport between 4-5 pm...but saying and actual getting is 2 different things. Wish me luck and drop a prayer for me in god's prayer box, i really want to go.

1 comments:

Angie May 21, 2008 at 7:42 AM  

dont worry about it... u got the letter! everyting will be smooth. if all else fails, jus act CRAZY in the office. ple have a tendancy to react to that (i dont knw wat kinda reaction u'll get but...)
btw still blusing over the fact that my name is on one of ur entry :)
od! this entry remind me of the blogger 'Childish Expressions'

Christmas Countdown

Followers